Dundas Extend is owned and operated by Mike and Elanor Phelan in Zeehan Tasmania.
The town was located 5 kilometres east of the town of Zeehan, and almost 10 kilometres west of the Mount Read township. TheNorth East Dundas Tram branched off the Emu Bay Railway approximately 3 kilometres north east of the Dundas railway connection.
Mount Dundas Post Office opened on 22 November 1890, was renamed Dundas in 1892 and closed in 1930.
The newspaper the Zeehan and Dundas Herald (1902–1922) was one of the more significant newspapers of the west coast during its operation.